Wednesday, August 8, 2012

This Christmas

Just recently, a plothole in one of my stories was pointed out to me. A rather large one. One so large, in fact, that it calls for a complete and total re-write of my (currently) 35k word manuscript.

You know, the one I've been working on for six years? Yeah, that one...

I won't bore you with the dramatic details of my initial reaction. Suffice it to say... it was colorful. But, c'est la vie, no? I've moved on into the correction stage. And it's time to get crackin'. This time, I have a deadline.


A cousin (not the one who abandoned me on the project) and I have a running joke concerning this first novel. I say every year "It will be done by Christmas!", to which he always replies "You said that last year!". My oh-so-clever response to this is (per usual), "But I didn't say which Christmas!". We both laugh and resume our normal routine, both knowing full well that it won't be done by this or any Christmas.


However, as you may have guessed, my goal is to get a 50k word rough draft/re-write complete by December 25, 2012.

We'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment