Saturday, November 24, 2012

Good Run of Bad Luck

So, my friends, I hate to say this... but I think I've been defeated.

At 22,000 words with 7 days left, you'd think I'd be full on forward. And I was...

... until I got a busted eardrum.

Apparently extreme sinus pressure, stress, and a love-tap to the back of the head with a football equals waking up at 2:00 in the morning with blood gushing from your ear, a trip to the ER, and an unknown number of days with vertigo, trips to various doctors, and bluebell creamsicles whilst lying on the couch.

Oh, and I have to keep cotton swabs in my ear to soak up the constant seeping of red ooze.

I tried. I really did. My main character overdid it this morning with magic, and she busted an eardrum. 1400 words worth of description pounded out with very real-life inspiration.

But it was no use. I couldn't write after that. I'm actually not supposed to be doing anything stressful, and worrying about a wordcount is definitely that. Especially when one is this far behind.

So I'm taking a step back, and I'll resume my writing after I'm fully healed.

It was a fun run, and thanks for bearing with me!  I still have my initial writing challenge of finishing my re-write before the end of the year. And there will be other crazy-town writing challenges; including, of course... next NaNoWriMo ;-)

Laterz.


Final Wordcount: 22,720


.

No comments:

Post a Comment